Today I have a Vintage Rose nail art manicure to share with you and a tutorial as well! When creating my new blog theme I came across a print I really loved, I wanted to use it for my blog but it was too busy as a background and demanded a lot of attention. What I did do with it however was create a nail art tutorial inspired by it and for the occasion I have changed my background into said print. It will only stay for a couple of days, once I have a new blog post up my background will be back to normal. 🙂 (If you’ve visited my blog before and you can’t see the background try deleting your cache)
Here’s what I came up with!
This image is to clarify why I did step 1. I used clear nail tips and I painted them pink first so it would show through on the bottom side. If you have long nails you can simply paint the bottom side of your nails, you should be able to create the same effect.
And if you’d like to recreate this manicure, here is a step-by-step tutorial!
- Step 1: Paint your nails in a hot pink, I used China Glaze Rich & Famous. Please note: this step should be skipped if you are painting on your natural nails!
- Step 2: Paint your nails in a light grey, I used Essence Got A Secret.
- Step 3: I first sponged white acrylic paint over the grey to lighten it and give it a more vintage look, you can skip this. Paint the rough outline of your flowers with a hot pink, I used China Glaze Rich & Famous.
- Step 4: Add shadow with a darker colour, I used an unnamed polish by Claire’s which is similar to Barry M Bright Purple.
- Step 5: Add even more shadow. I mixed the previously used purple by Claire’s with a drop of black.
- Step 6: Draw your stems and leafs with a darker grey. I mixed Essence Got A Secret with Claire’s purple and black.
- Step 7: Add shadow to the leafs and stems. I used a sheer black by 2B in the colour 30.
- Step 8: Time for the finishing touches, add a light pink to the heart of the flowers, I used Catrice Just Married mixed with white. Add a topcoat and you are done! I used Essence Nail Art Sealing Top Coat.
I really hope you liked this tutorial! I received several requests to make a tutorial and I thought flowers would be something most people will like. A tutorial for flowers is quite useful and interesting since there’s many layers and steps you need to do. Please let me know if you try it out and send me your pictures if you do, and don’t forget to attach a link back to me if you post them on your blog or elsewhere! 🙂