I have a super awesome post to share with you today! As I told you in my previous post, the new upcoming Nail Art Society kit has been curated by me. I hand-picked all the items that subscribes will be receiving in this kit together with owner Tiare. We’ve come up with a really awesome kit that I’m so proud of! Today I’ll be sharing you two looks that you can create with the items in this kit, including step-by-step tutorials.
The items included in the I ♥ Studs kit are Jessica nail polish in Black Matte, 2mm Orange Neon studs, 2mm Pink Neon studs, 2mm Purple Neon studs and 3mm Gold studs. I chose orange, pink and purple because they form a really beautiful gradient and the shades will be great for Halloween looks too!
First up is this negative space heart look with gradient studs. A really fun and colourful look with an edgy accent nail. It’s a little trickier to do but with some tips you’ll be able to master this technique! To create a contrast in finishes I added a layer of top coat over the accent nail. Here’s how you can recreate this design.
- Start by painting two dots in the centre of your nail like so, to form a guideline for the heart. Use a nail art brush or toothpick for this.
- Next, sketch out the first half of the heart using a nail art brush. It’s okay if it’s not super neat, this is just a sketch! Alternatively you can use an ink pen for this if you feel safer using pens.
- Finish the sketch of the heart and paint the other half.
- Now use Jessica Black Matte nail polish to fill in the space around the heart, leaving the inner part blank. Clean up on the inside of the heart with a cotton bud or eyeliner brush dipped in acetone to crisp up your lines. Add top coat to seal off the design!
The second look I created is this quilted design and features the 3mm studs. As I included a matte nail polish in this kit, you can create tons of interesting matte/glossy designs. One of my favourite techniques! I went with a more edgy quilted matte/glossy design. It’s a very sexy design in my opinion! 😀 Let’s see how you can recreate this look.
- Start by painting on a layer of Jessica Black Matte. Add a layer of top coat to make the black glossy!
- First wait until your base has completely dried (I suggest waiting around 30-40 minutes to be safe) then apply striping tape as pictured. If you don’t have striping tape you can cut up strips of regular household tape.
- Add more striping tape parallel to the previous to lines that formed a cross. Space them out evenly to form this quilted pattern.
- Now apply Jessica Black Matte over the top and remove the striping tape as quickly as possible. Be careful but work fast! All done!
I really hope you enjoyed this post! I had so much fun creating these designs and picking out the items for my Nail Art Society kit. I definitely want to thank the lovely Tiare for having me and for allowing me to be a part of Nail Art Society! I hope my US readers will check out Nail Art Society, I promise it won’t disappoint! If you want to get your hands on my I ♥ Studs make sure to subscribe before Oct 15. Kits are currently $11.95 (+ shipping), you can get 10% off if you subscribe NOW with the code OCT10.