No swatches or nail art from me today. I have a killer headache so I haven’t been able to swatch at all today (and my drafts are empty, eek) but I have prepared a fun tag for you instead! I shamelessly copied it from Kellie Gonzo (check out her answers here!) but I couldn’t resist switching up a few questions though.
Color Club – New-tral
1. What nail polish are you wearing on your nails (and toes) right now?
On my nails I’m wearing Glam Polish Mint Apple (swatch coming soon!), it’s a bright neon pastel with blue shimmer flakes. It’s so bright it’s ridiculous! On my toes I have Color Club New-tral which looks super sweet.
2. What is one nail product can’t you live without?
Cuticle balm! Right now I’m using Rainbow Honey cuticle balm when I’m swatching, it takes the dryness from the acetone away and it makes my cuticles look so much better for photos! I use it between each swatch.
3. What is your favorite nail brand (mainstream and indie)?
This is a tough question, I’ve had the pleasure of trying so many brands that it’s hard to list only one favourite for mainstream and indie. I’ll always have a soft spot for China Glaze, I love their formula and brush. Indie… Ugh I can’t choose! Either ILNP or Spell Polish or Cirque Colors. I simply can’t narrow it down to one!
4. What shape nail do you wear (short or long)?
Over the years I’ve gone from oval to square to long and to short. Right now they are medium length and oval shaped but I honestly think all nails can be beautiful. It’s just about finding a shape that works for you and keeping them at even lengths.
5. What is your go-to colour?
Again, how can I possibly pick one?! I tend to lean towards lavender shades or pastel blues and nudes. I constantly wear drastically different colours though so I really switch it up all the time.
Cirque Colors – Hatch
6. What is your favourite nail polish finish?
I think this one is easy for me. I can’t resist a good creme, one that’s creamy and opaque. I’m also kind of obsessed with speckled finishes (think Cirque Colors Hatch or the Kaleidoscope Dreams About Spring collection).
7. What’s on your nail polish wishlist?
Not a lot actually! I hardly ever buy polish, even though I would like to buy polish more often I always find it hard to justify spending money when I have so many beautiful colours in my stash already. Some colours are worth splurging on though!
- Color Club – Look, Don’t Tusk
- Crows Toes – Finnnally, IT’S HOODIE TIME!!
- Ellagee – What’s With The Glasses?
- Illamasqua – Facet
- OPI – Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around
- OPI – You’re So Vain-illa
- ORLY – Hot Tropics
- Pahlish – Tropical Island Treasure
8. When do you usually paint your nails (morning, afternoon or evening)?
Sometimes in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening. I don’t have a specific day or time when I do my nails. I never leave the house without nail polish on.
9. What’s your top nail tip you swear by?
Just like Kellie said, moisturizing! Daily! It’s the single best thing you can do for your nails. It makes them stronger, healthier and look so much better. Whether you use balms, oils or cremes that’s up to you, they are all awesome. Ones I recommend are Renaissance Cosmetics cuticle oil (I have one in the scent Mandarin and it is DIVINE), Badger Balm (all of their balms are wonderful but the cuticle balm is extra moisturizing) and Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is a favourite too.
10. What nail polish do you regret buying?
I have a lot of Essence and Catrice in my stash from back when I started getting into nail polish. I regret buying them because I hardly ever use them now.
11. Neons or pastels? Brights or darks?
Pastels and brights! I don’t tend to wear dark shades often, I don’t think they suit me that well. I do love neons but they can be sheer and I much prefer opaque formulas.
Color Club Barely There
12. What is your holy grail white, black and nude polish?
Easy! Cirque Colors Memento Mori, Cirque Colors Carpe Diem and my new favourite nude, Color Club Barely There.
13. What is one brand you want to try but haven’t yet?
So many! Butter London, Virtuous Polish, Delush Polish, Pipedream Polish, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Enchanted Polish, Morgan Taylor and Crows Toes, and many more that are slipping my mind.