Name: Emily Van Cauter
Date of Birth: 21/11/1991
Current Location: Belgium
I started doing nail art about two years ago. I studied art at school but since I was forced to draw so much I started to dislike it a lot, what I once loved so dearly became something I loathed. I had always loved nail polish from a young age and when I started my blog writing about make-up and beauty I came across nail art blogs and nail art tutorials on YouTube. It instantly jumped out at me and I was hooked ever since!
- Camera: Canon EOS 400D, it’s been my close friend for over four years and it’s served me very well. An upgrade would be nice though – 5D mark II perhaps? *swoon*
- Lens: Most of the pictures on this blog are taken with a Sigma 17-70mm f:2.8-4.5 lens or a Canon 50mm f1.8.
- Food: Anything Greek - feta cheese is my weakness - or Asian or just generally spicy. Home made pizza is my favourite (obviously I get feta cheese on mine).
- Drinks: I’m a diet coke kind-of-girl. Fruit juice is my frenemy. Capri Sun cheers me up.
- Movies: Harry Potter when I’m feeling down. Gentlemen Broncos, Scott Pilgrim and The Fifth Element when I’m feeling awesome. A Clockwork Orange, Das Leben Der Anderen and The History Boys when I’m feeling deep.
- Series: Doctor Who, Misfits, Sherlock, Lie To Me, The Mighty Boosh, Eureka, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Hustle, Hotel Babylon,… See my full list on GetGlue!
- Music: Foals, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Late Of The Pier, Franz Ferdinand, The Hoosiers, Orchid, The Death Of Anna Karina, Milburn, Nouvelle Vague, Raein, The Sunshine Underground, …
- Song: Fleet Foxes – Mykonos
- Games: World Of Warcraft (I quit though), Sims Medieval, Left For Dead 2, anything Harry Potter, Skyrim, also boardgames like The Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Puerto Rico, …
- Country: I was born in Belgium but my heart lies in the UK.
Me and my boyfriend Dries. Going strong since 01/02/2009. I owe special thanks to him, he’s a huge help and support to me. Wouldn’t know what to do without this dude!