If you know me a little, then you know I have a weakness for everything British. I’m a huge Anglophile, always have been for as long as I can remember. I love going to the UK, it feels like going home to me. This weekend it’s the Queens Diamond Jubilee. It’s been 60 years since Elizabeth II was crowned Queen! A reason to celebrate because it’s a very unique occasion to have a monarch with such a long reign.
I simply had to create nails celebrating the Queen! I admire her a lot, she’s a strong and incredibly bright woman. An inspiration to many! I created these on nail tips since I wanted to keep my design, I now have all the nails attached to a display hand in my room so I can look at them every day! Really proud of how they turned out.
Here’s what I used for each nail:
- Pink Finger “Union Flag”: BK White, China Glaze Hey Sailor, China Glaze First Mate, Glitter Stripers in Red and Blue, Essence Sealing Top Coat
- Ring Finger “Cameo Nail”: BK White, It’s So Easy Stripe Rite in White and Black, 2mm silver rhinestones, Essence Sealing Top Coat
- Middle Finger “Diamond Nail”: Illamasqua Swinger, BK White, It’s So Easy Stripe Rite in Silver Glitter and Black, Essence Sealing Top Coat
- Index Finger “Crown Nail”: China Glaze Phat Santa, 2mm gold rhinestones, 2mm and 3mm red rhinestones, red elliptic rhinestones, silver steel balls
- Thumb “Union Flag 3D Nail”: China Glaze First Mate, 2mm and 3mm red rhinestones, silver steel balls
My favourites are the index finger and thumb. The index finger was inspired by the St Edwards Crown, the one she wore during her coronation. The thumb definitely pops out the most in person, it’s so in-your-face! I love it!
Here’s a close-up of the thumb. I think this one took me the longest since I had to apply all the gems one by one. This is probably the longest I’ve worked on a set of nails! Definitely worth the effort though.
I hope you liked my Jubilee nails and for those celebrating, have a wonderful weekend!
Posted on: June 3, 2012