Sorry for my absence this week! I went on holiday in Rotterdam with my boyfriend and stayed at my uncle’s place. I had a wonderful time there and I’ll be posting a haul this weekend but first I’m sharing the manicure I wore for the entire week. As Rotterdam is a port I thought nautical nails would be very appropriate!
The top image is a quick sketch I made in Paint and the bottom are my actual nails! For the white base colour I used Catrice Snow Motion and for the navy blue stripes I used American Apparel Passport Blue.
Here’s how I did the rest:
- On my thumb I made a 3D anchor with white acrylic (monomer + powder) and then added gold glitter polish.
- On my index finger I painted a red heart in acrylic paint, added red hexagonal glitters and gold steel balls. Then I filled the heart with clear acrylic so the balls wouldn’t chip off.
- On my middle finger I placed a blue gem I got from Xenos and added gold balls around it. This was my favourite nail even though it’s probably the easiest one.
- On my ring finger I added a 3D life ring I made in white acrylic. I used paint for the red.
- And lastly on my pinky I placed half pearls, rhinestones and gold balls.
Really loved wearing this manicure and was very pleased this lasted an entire week on me. In the end one of the hearts fell off (no idea where it is since I never found it!) so everything had to go. I wasn’t too sad about that since I found some gorgeous polishes in Rotterdam so I could finally swatch those!
And before I left I did my auntie’s nails, polka dot style! I never did polka dots before (not kidding!) so this was a first for me. I forgot my dotting tool so I made these with toothpicks, also something I almost never use. I really loved how these turned out, they looked so cute! (photo was taken with hipstamatic)
Posted on: July 15, 2011